Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nauvoo trip

I figured it was about time to blog about our wonderful trip to Nauvoo!!!
Kristy and I threw around the idea of going to Nauvoo on one of our Saturday walks and the more we talked about it, the more excited we got. So we decided to make it happen!
Worked out great because they had the girls that weekend and the kids were about to go on break and we had just hit the beauty of fall! The campsite was cheap so Rob booked it and away we went!
All I can say was the experience was amazing. Even if you aren't LDS, just the history of Nauvoo is worth the trip there. It's remarkable what these people went through to make their homes. They were truely happy in Nauvoo and going there, I can see why!
When they first got to Nauvoo, it was nothing but trees and swamp lands. They had to start from scratch and build their home. And at one time, it rivaled the size of Chicago!!!
I just can't imagine the heartache they must have felt having to leave that beautiful place. What I didn't know that it was either leave or die....
As frustrating as it can be having to defend our beliefs now from those that don't understand and have no idea what they're even talking about, I can't even fathom the thought of people being so inimidated and threatened by mormons so much that they wanted to kill them!!! And they killed many of them!
I can go on and on about the history and the beauty and the feelings but I think everyone should someday take the opportunity to go for themselves. I had mixed feelings about Joseph Smith before I went. But I can tell you... I see it all in a new light. The spirit of that place is still strong there. Nothing like it! And I want to learn more now!!!!
Anyways I wanted to share some pictures with you of our trip and experiences. There's quite a few and I hope you enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox



No comments: