Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blueberries anyone?


There's a place here called Berry Patch Farms that during the month of July when the blueberries rippen, anyone can go out and pick all the blueberries they want for 1.69/lb. Can't beat that with a stick for juicy ripe blueberries! So 2 different times this week, we went out to get some. The first time on Thursday it was just the kids and I but didn't stay long because it was so stinkin hot. So today Jon was home and we all loaded up and went. We ended up this time picking almost 4lbs of blueberries. And we just had a great time spending the morning together (even though Jon and I didn't get to bed til almost 3am). We plan to make this a tradtion for us at the end of each summer.










The fruits of our labors.. literally!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Did you refer to the blueberries or staying up till 3am as the tradition? Haha, I had such a great time girl. But I got to tell ya that I was able to sleep in till 11:00!!! Jon took keilana on the missionary splits and kayden slept in and lay in bed till 11:00. And yes, even though Keilana went to bed that late she was up at like 9am. I told you, she's a beast when it comes to sleeping. How'd you do?

Kris said...

That sounds like so much fun! And fresh blueberries- YUM!!! I love the pics of the kids hugging each other- they're so cute!

Bryan & Sarah said...

YUMMY!!! I want to come over for some of those awesome blueberries! Your kids are literally the cutest things I have ever seen!

Jill said...

MMMMM, those look really really good. You're more than welcome to make some blueberry pies and send them our way :)

Melissa said...

I MISS YOU GUYS!