Sunday, October 19, 2008

A little Sunday drive

While dinner was cooling off, the kids and I decided to go for a drive through the "countryside". So we hopped in the van and drove to Red Top Mtn. How have I not been going there ALL THE TIME!!!??? With the leaves changing, it is just so beautiful! Sometimes I get so busy in life that I forget to just take time to marvel at all the beauty around us here. I realized just how much I have been missing out on because I don't look. There is good everywhere- we just need to look and find it.
I wish I had my camera with me but my camera phone had to do. I think next week we're going to go on a picnic up there after church so I'll get better pictures then. But we went at the perfect time to be able to watch the sun start going down. Wow!






These poor guys were out fishing in a boat pretty close to the shore and I'm sure my kids scared their fish away with the rock throwing. But they just couldn't resist.




I have to admit I've had a rough couple of days.. just being a downer and stuck in a rut and this was what I needed. Just to enjoy some peaceful time with my kids. A perfect ending to the weekend. It would have been even better if Jon was with us but that's okay. Fall has just begun!

2 comments:

Jill said...

How pretty. I love the trees!!! I miss trees, and it looks like you've got a lot. The kids look like they had a lot of fun.

Laura said...

SOOO beautiful, but I think your picture said it better! What a perfect activity, even if the hubby can't make it:)