Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Riellys 6th birthday and birthday party and a little reflecting

More catch-up...
With Riellys birthday so soon after Christmas, we've been doing friend parties several weeks later. Partly because we're so exhausted after the holidays and partly because a lot of people go out of town until after the new yr.
So we had a little family party for her the night of her birthday. We ordered pizza and had cake and then she got to open her presents from the family.
The girl is definately unique which I absolutely love. She's not into barbies or anything girly like that. But she loves pets. Anything and everything that has to do with an animal, she is in heaven! So she got a TON of Littlest Pet Shop toys. And I mean a ton! This lady was selling a boatload on Craigslist to I cleaned up. Oh and she got some furreal frenzy pets and playsets.. kinda like zhuzhu I guess.





Then over 2 weeks later, we did a pet party with her friends! SO fun and SO chaotic and we loved it! We had probably about 20 kids including mine and a bunch of adults and it was crazy, crowded and a blast!

Invites were made using the Cricut cartridge I got for Christmas. I absolutely LOVE it!





Sticking with the non-human theme, I went with cupcakes with butterflies and bugs....


And then we just partied! A few crafts, lots of playing and lots of gifts! I really hope I made her 6th birthday as special as she is to me! Well... she's a lot more special to me than any party but you know what I mean!















Now onto the next party! My baby boy gets baptised in 3 weeks!!!! Feels like just yesterday I had 2 babies... and now they are growing up right before my eyes and I can't do anything to stop it!
I was thinking about that this morning... there were days I just wish they would grow up and do things on their own so I can just breath. I take it back! Now I'd give just about anything to go back to the days where my babies were truely babies and hug them tighter and kiss them more and make sure they know how loved and wanted they truely are! I definately make sure they know that now!

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now...
but you're gonna miss this









2 comments:

Kris said...

AAAHHH!!! That picture of them as babies is SOOO freakin' cute! Man, you make some pretty kiddos.

Kenningtons said...

I love the picture of your two babies! Priceless!!!! I had a moment today when I looked at my two little ones and wanted to freeze time because I love this stage of life. Then the screaming snapped me back to reality.... I really do love this time when the wee ones make me feel like I am the only thing in the world that matters. I can't believe Reese is sneaking up on 8! It's not right!!!!