Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby...? Maybe...?

I'm slowly processing the news I got this morning. It was good.. and it was suckish.
Friday I got a blood test to check my progesterone levels and see if I ovulated. Simple blood test... or so I thought.
Dr called me this morning with the results.
The problem is ME!
and me alone:(
A little about progesterone in regards to women and their cycles:
In women, progesterone levels are relatively low during the preovulatory phase of the menstrual cycle, rise after ovulation, and are elevated during the luteal phase. Progesterone levels tend to be <> 5 ng/ml after ovulation.
This was why I had to get tested at day 21... because I ovulated and should have high levels.
Or so I thought.....
My levels after ovulation was less then 2. Which means I didn't ovulate.
And because I don't ovulate, I can't get pregnant.

So now I'll start taking progesterone for 10 days starting the beginning of the month and then clomid (non of that mexican crap) starting my next cycle and who knows what will happen from there. If it works, great! If it doesn't, I'm still broken.

While this news sucks, that good thing is we have an answer (for now) and at least we are moving forward still.

Kristys hubby said months ago that I can't get pregnant until May... maybe he knows something we don't!

*SIGH*


Boone and his baby!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Well, not an answer you want to hear, but at least it's an answer. I will pray for your #s to be HIGH next time they test you!

Luv ya!

Hyder Ali said...

Low progesterone should hopefully be an easy fix. I'm rooting for the meds. GO CLOMID!

C said...

I actually had the same problem and they put me on the same meds. Good luck!

The Jacobs said...

It's always a relief to at least get a game plan - that they have an idea of how to get it to work. My last results (Nov) was that my testosterone was off the charts and my prog/estog were non-existent..so until they could balance my hormones, not even clomid or other ovulation enhancing treatments would help me. D#&!% you PCOS!

However, on the other side, you never know when your body might surprise you, since Dec I unknowingly spontaneously ovulated..here's crossing my fingers it'll happen for you too - sooner than later!