Monday, August 24, 2009

Three blind mice.... or four.. or five


Three blind mice, three blind mice,


See how they run, see how they run,


They all ran after the farmer's wife,


Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,


Did you ever see such a thing in your life,


As three blind mice?


So how's this for house warming... in the last 1.5wks, we have caught 3 mice in our apartment! We knew we had one since we moved in and the lame exterminators came 2xs and laid little bitty box traps that did absolutely nothing. So we got tired of finding poop in the kitchen and got some glue traps on our own. We really thought there was only 1. So right away we caught 1 and thank neptune it's gone. WRONG! I came home to find mouse poop on my stove. Ugggg. A day later, I'm in the living room and hear squirming and there was one trying to get off the trap. So I stuck a pan over it to make sure it didn't get loose and of course somehow these mice have super human strength in my little world so I grabbed my kitchenaid and stuck that on top of the pan on top of the itty bitty mouse thats stuck in the glue. So there's 2.. that has to be the last one right? But the maintenance guy said to keep the traps out just in case and the next morning, they were moved and the peanut butter was gone. You've got to be kidding me!!! A 3rd mouse? No more nice lady here! We pulled out the big guns and got some RAT traps twice the size as the glue traps. 2 days later, yup- caught another. There's 3. That has to be the last of them right???? Mice ONLY come in 3's? Someone please tell me this?!?!?! So stay tuned!

Yeah sorry to dissapoint you all but there will be no chopping off tails with butcher knives in this house..! I'll leave that to the maintenance men with crowbars!


3 comments:

Kris said...

Yikes! I'm not sure exactly what I would do. Mice are so creepy & wiggly! (I feel all yucky even though I'm all the way over here in AZ!) I hope they're all gone!

Laurice said...

At least you didn't see one run across your living room. We have had our share of experiences getting rid of mice. Good luck!

Kenningtons said...

NNNOOOOOOOO!!! That is NOT a fun situation to be living in! I would be too petrified to sleep at night. You are a brave woman catching that mouse under a fort of pots and pans!!!