Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am grateful for.. Sunday


My friend called me tonight and it was just what I needed.. so today I am grateful for my good friend Alicia. We became close friends back in California when we were both in the same ward in Santa Maria. She helped me through the toughest times in my life and I don't think I would have held myself together without her. She was the first person I called when I found out my dad was sick.. and when he died, she called me often while I was in Az. When I found out I was moving away to GA, she again was the first person I called and she was there for me helping out right until the moment we said goodbye and drove away.

I've been gone for 2yrs now and even though we don't talk like we used to, I still think of her as one of my closest friends. Very few people have stayed in touch with me and have impacted my life like she has (and I have to shout out to my friend Melissa B. in CA because I feel the same way about her too!!! I love you!)

Anyways Alicia.. if you ever read this, thank you for thinking of me tonight and calling and shooting the breeze with me! I miss that and you!


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Cute picture of you.

Melissa said...

Alicia is the best! Love you too Shannon. We miss you dearly. Your always on my mind.