Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sharing

I tend to complain a lot about my kids but I wanted to post a positive that I've been seeing lately. They really ARE great kids!!
Friday I sent $10 with Reese for his school bookfair so he can get something he'd enjoy us reading together. He comes home with a book for him but he was actually more excited to tell me he also bought a book for Rielly. I can't tell you how proud I was and am of him to think of his sister and want to spend his money on her also. It just warmed my heart!
Then this morning on the way to church, Rielly was whining about something and Reese tells her that if she stops, he'll take her for ice cream at Chick-fil-a because he got a coupon for a free ice cream cone from school.
I am coming to realize that siblings fight.. that's just the way it is. Especially with them being so close together. There's no way around that. Just like spouses fight. It's good.. it's healthy and it's NORMAL. But even with their fighting and bickering, they genuinly love and care for each other and it's amazing to see how Reese naturally protects his baby sister and how she looks up to him and depends on him.
They are good kids and I'm so glad to be their mom.

No comments: