Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The things we do...



So yesterday started off like any normal day. Gym, lunch, piano lessons- maybe I should have skipped out on the piano. ... well I get to my lessons at my friend Sarahs house (who is now a RN) and she is sitting at the table with a look in her eyes, a grin and needles!!! "Shannon" she says.. "can I try an IV on you?". This is where a normal person looks at that sweet face and says absolutely not. But no- not me. I hate needles.. I hate pain. So answer me this- why oh why did I say yes???? Am I that desperate for love and affection that i will resort to the use of needles? Apparently so.




So she's searching my arms for a vein. Finally finds one on my left arm. She has this rubber band tied around my arm, I grab onto her daughter Krisi's hand and here we go... yeah OUCH! But Sarahs excited- she found a vein. And then I hear "I've never had this before".... never a good sign with a big ol needle sticking out of your hand! She pulls out and tells me don't look down. I did... yeah not a pretty sight! I'm BLEEDING A LOT!!! She's freakin out a bit until she realizes she left the rubber band thing around my arm! Her brother is standing there laughing, taking pictures and poor Krisi has fingernail marks on her hand.




Anyways short story written long, apparently there's not much I wouldn't do for my friends:)




5 comments:

Kenningtons said...

You really are a good friend! I can't think of many people who would willingly let someone jab them just for practice.

Bryan & Sarah said...

Oh seriously way to good of a friend! There is NO way I would let any of my friends come at me with a needle!

Rebecca said...

That is a true friend.

Amanda said...

haha that is AWESOME! so if i EVER become a nurse can i stab you with needles? :D

Us said...

Shannon you are such a good sport!