Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awesome Night- Due West release party

I have been so blessed to have become friends with some amazing people since we have moved to TN. And because of these people, I feel like no matter what struggles we have to deal with to be here, Nashville is our home.
So last Thursday, I got the priviledge to attend the Due West cd release party with my friends Susie (whom I have been friends with for yrs and was reunited with after coming to Nashville) and Berta (who is the wife of Tim from Due West). These 2 ladies whether they know it or not, have made such a huge impact on my life these last 10 months. So I was very grateful to be able to share this night with Berta as she watched their dreams come true!
Due West is an amazing group. I'm not just saying that because I'm friends with the Gates and because Brad is from my home area. I became a DW fan a few months after meeting them after listening to a cd sampler. I was hooked! They are GOOD!!! So it was so fun to watch them rock it out on stage. Then to make is more exciting, they invited up Billy Dean and sang a song with him! Talk about a rush!!!
If you haven't checked out their new website or got their cd yet, I highly recommend it. www.duewest.com

OHHH and I got a free t-shirt. So what can I say?!?!?! :)

Enjoy some pics from the night.

The cake Berta made for the release party. Hey- does it count if I blow dryed that board it's sitting on??


Due West

Showing his roots!!!


Billy Dean!

Susie, Berta and myself


Im surprised my face isn't as red in this pic as it was right after I took it.

Billy Dean, Brad Hull, Jason Deere, Tim Gates, Matt Lopez





2 comments:

Kris said...

Yea! We actually had them perform right here near my house last month. Uh, yeah, they're good! REALLY good! And that was on the front steps of a dental office. I can't even imagine them on a real stage with real acoustics & equipment. Lucky girl!

Timothy said...

Ummmm sorry but I think I like you more than you like me!!! Lol. It was a great night and I'm so glad you were there to share it with us. Nashville is a great place to call home but only because cool people like you live here!

Roberta